Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we learn how to make homemade Chicken Tikka Masala, what brands of coffee are best at Trader Joe's, and a new way to make Rice Krispie treats.
• Chocoholic: Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats - Unsweetened chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt prevent these Krispie treats from being too cloyingly sweet, and totally satisfy any serious chocolate cravings.
• Best and Worst Coffee Beans at Trader Joe's - A quick rundown on the best and the worst of Trader Joe's "most festively packaged, theoretically premium, non-decaf, non super-maximum-dark-French-roast beans."
• Beyond Curry: Capsicum Besan Sabji (Bell Pepper and Chickpea Flour Stir-Fry) - The unique combo of chickpea flour and bell peppers offers a nice soft-yet-crispy contrast.
• Bread Baking: Pizza Bread - Tomato, herbs, and provolone all wrapped up in chewy buns. What's not to like?
• The Food Lab: How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala at Home - the secret to this Chicken Tikka Masala is a "salty yogurt-based mariade followed by intense charring on a hot grill." You should also undercook the chicken initially so it can simmer in the sauce before serving.
Previous Good Eats: Stovetop Summer Chicken, Tagliatelle with Parsley Pesto, and Chocolate Granita
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)