We are constantly impressed by the creativity and resourcefulness of our readers. Latest exhibit? This homemade wall-mounted spice rack David created for his kitchen. Read on for details on how he did it, and links to all the equipment you'd need to recreate this in your own kitchen.
Here's how David and his girlfriend built this spice rack.
We started by mounting a sheet of stainless steel (http://bit.ly/2iyLJV) to the wall, then gluing neodymium magnets to the tops of one piece canning lids (http://bit.ly/3lReef), filling the jars with our favorite spices, and voilà! A space saving magnetic spice rack!
Here are the resources David used.
• Brushed Stainless Steel Sheet .035" x 24" x 48", $47.12 at Online Metal Supply
• Neodymium Magnets, $8.99 at Almost Free Magnets
• 4-ounce Quilted Canning Jars, $12.95 for a case of 12 at Kitchen Krafts
• One-piece Jar Caps, $4.95 for 12 at Kitchen Krafts
This looks so great, David, and we love that it is big enough to hold the truly vast amount of spices we tend to keep around. Thanks so much for sharing!
• See more photos of David's spice rack:
More DIY Spice Storage:
• How To Build a Spice Rack: Susy's White and Minimal
• Small Space Storage: Build a Spice Rack With a Ruler!
• Look! Beautiful (and Cheap) Spice Storage Solution
(Images: David Zaks via Flickr)