Ever since Faith posted about the London-based housewares store Labour and Wait, I've been craving a nice set of enamelware ladles. But even if I could blink away the cost of international postage (not to mention the exchange rate), it turns out that Labour and Wait doesn't ship outside of Great Britain. So I did a little digging and came up with some substitutes that are available on this side of the pond.
One source for British household style is Toast, a London-based company that will ship internationally. Their selection is close to Labour and Wait in style and simplicity. Kiosk, a funky importer of all things interesting, carries a few of the same items that Labour and Wait does, namely the lovely sinuous coffee pot pictured above. Etsy is another good source for vintage enamelware, hand-knit cosies, and wooden cutting boards.
• 1 Cream enamel ladle set, by Nigella Lawson. $32 at Amazon
• 2 Vintage enamelware pots at Etsy, various prices
• 3 Wooden ladle, $13.95 at Greenfeet
• 4 Coffee pot, $60.00 at Kiosk
• 5 Aprons in assorted colors, $48.00 at Utility Canvas
• 6 Bread box, $49.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond
• 7 White enamel bucket, $4.48 at Peak 62
• 8 Red dust pan and brush, $52.00 at Kiosk
• 9 Brown Betty-style tea pot, $13.99 at Amazon
• 10 Tea pot cosy, $6.99 at Etsy
Do you have any favorite sources for vintage and old-fashioned kitchenware?
Related: Tin and Teapot, Tea and Cake: Favorites from Toast