How do you fry an egg? Do you do it fast, with a smear of butter? Or all bubbly, with lots of olive oil, like the Spanish do? Here's one basic way to fry an egg — it's simple and foolproof.
What You Need
One or more eggs
Nonstick OR stainless steel skillet or frying pan
Large thin spatula
1. Heat the skillet over medium heat. You should be able to feel the heat if you hold your hand about 4 inches above the skillet.
2. Place a small pat of butter on the skillet. As the butter melts, spread it around with your spatula.
3. When the butter foam subsides, crack an egg onto the skillet.
4. Set a timer for 4 minutes. (If you want the white to set more quickly, cover loosely with a lid.)
5. After 4 minutes, take the egg off. The underside of the white should be nicely browned and the yolk should be just set.
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See more How To posts
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own tutorials or ideas here!
(Images: Faith Durand)