We're deep into How To month here at the Kitchn, and we were a year ago, as well! Check out some our favorite tutorials from the archives, plus some alternatives to PB&J for kid's lunches, a recipe for lamb ragu, and a tour of a cool green kitchen.The images pictured above are in bold below.
• We love making layer cakes for special occasions. Here's our favorite method for frosting them.
• This guide to lager beers will have you well on your way to becoming an expert.
• A cozy kitchen nook needs a cozy bench for us to sit on.
• Delicious Tuscan bread-and-tomato soup with mussels is a perfect mid-winter meal.
• It's our dearest dream to have an industrial stove in our kitchen.
• Don't be scared of making pie crust from scratch! It's easy!
• For the DIYers among us, here's how you can make your very own vinegar at home.
• This lamb ragu looks so pretty spooned over fresh pasta.
• So many bread recipes gloss over the part where you actually shape the loaf. Here's how!
• Getting tired of packing your child the same thing every day? Here are a few ideas for switching up the menu.
• Do you know when to stir and when to shake your after-work cocktail?
• We love the sleek yet homey lines in this dreamy seafoam green kitchen.
• Some good tips on dismantling the smoke alarm when you're about to cook something big in the kitchen.
• Dividing cake batter so the layers are even is simple with this trick.
• These chocolate chip cookies are one of the most requested recipes in our house.
A Year Ago and a Week: Melissa Clark's Renovated Kitchen & A Nutty Chocolate Tart