February is our How-To month at Apartment Therapy; our annual chance to fill the archives with useful hacks for cooking just about anything from scratch. We even throw in some clever tips on cleaning, building, sewing and tweaking other parts of the kitchen, aside from the food.
Every so often a how-to comes along that answers a question you've always wanted to ask, like how do I crack an egg with one hand? Or maybe you thought you were an expert in cooking a steak, but then you read a post about cooking it in the oven that offers a method you haven't yet tried. That's when we know we're doing a good job here at TheKitchn.comFrom How To Grind Your Own Meat in a Food Processor to How To Make Your Own Croissants, here are a few of my favorite how-to posts from our archives.
• 1 How To Make Croissants
• 2 How To Grind Your Own Meat in a Food Processor
• 3 How To Drizzle Chocolate
• 4 How To Soft-Boil an Egg
• 5 How To Make a Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
• 6 How To Cook a Steak in the Oven
• 7 How To Crack an Egg with One Hand (Video)
• 8 How To Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient
• 9 How To Soften Hard Bread
• 10 How To Grill Pizza
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)