Every week we round up our favorite posts on eating and cooking from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we were fascinated by this video they found from British comedian George Egg, showing how to make pasta and bake English muffins in a hotel room. What a great use for that iron. This and more below, including all about the gin-to-vermouth ratios in martinis (they used to be a lot different), a meatball sub and a grilled tofu salad.
• Hotel Survival with George Egg: How to Cook a Meal in Your Hotel Room - Have you ever cooked a meal in a hotel room?
• Seriously Meatless: Grilled Entree Salad of Poblanos, Zucchini and Tofu - A fabulous vegetarian entree.
• Meatball Sub - And another fabulous entree, but decidedly meat-centric.
• Dinner Tonight: Kale and Chickpea Pasta - This sort of dinner is one of our favorites.
• Serious Cocktails: Gin-to-Vermouth Ratios in Martinis - "Julia Child preferred an Upside-Down Martini, with five times as much dry vermouth as gin in the glass."
Previous Good Eats: Butterbeer, Pumpkin Shakes, and Magic Wands
(Image: George Egg)