• Who wrote it: Rose Carrarini
• Who published it: Phaidon Press
• Number of recipes: 84
• Recipes for right now: Green Fried Eggs, Eggs Baked in Dashi, Date & Walnut Scones, Lemon Pancakes, Italian Egg Soup, Spinach & Ricotta Gnocchi, Egg Salad with Arame & Rice, Chocolate & Orange Polenta Cake, Bread & Butter Pudding
• Other highlights: It takes a book like this to truly appreciate how versatile an egg can be. Scrambled on toast or folded into a genoise cake, whisked into a rich sauce or whipped to incredible heights of meringue glory — the use of an egg is almost endless and a great many of these uses are explored here.
The illustrations are beautiful. So beautiful that I'd frame them on my wall if it didn't mean having to tear them from the book. They are simple and stark in a way that photography isn't, and capture the essence of each dish perfectly.
• Who would enjoy this book? Egg lovers, fans of Rose Bakery, this also makes a great coffee table book and conversation piece.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: How to Boil an Egg: Poach One, Scramble One, Fry One, Bake One, Steam One by Rose Bakery
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)