Our household received this microwave to test for The Kitchn's sister site, Unplggd. The thing is, we have never owned a microwave and are at a loss for what to do with it! (Ahh, the effect of growing up with a staunchly anti-microwave mother.)
So far, we have used the Panasonic microwave to melt butter and defrost a frozen burrito. We suppose we could get some microwave popcorn, and we are excited to finally try out that DIY Potato Chips recipe ... but we're sure there must be some other cool, time-saving kitchen tricks to enjoy while we have this microwave. We dug through The Kitchn archives for some ideas and would like to hear more!
What would you suggest? Do you have any favorite microwave uses or recipes? Is there anything we simply must test or that generally doesn't work well with a microwave?
From The Kitchn archives:
• Dorm Living: How To Cook Eggs in the Microwave
• How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
• Kitchen Tip: Sanitizing Sponges in the Microwave
• Recipe Recommendation: DIY Potato Chips...in the Microwave
• Time-Saving Tip: Microwave Your Corn on the Cob
• Tip: How To Warm Bread In the Microwave
• Tip: Proof Bread Dough in the Microwave
(Panasonic NN-SD688S Prestige Image: Gregory Han)