Hey, big spenders. This month, we've been picking up some spendy stuff.
We dug through our kitchen cabinets this morning so that we could 'fess up the prices:
• $4.25 for a 2.7 ounce lump of Mexican drinking chocolate
• $6 for a single heirloom tomato
• $11.99 for a jar of McClure's pickles
• $12 plus shipping for June Taylor's blood orange marmalade
• $17.15 for a little over half a pound of Vacche Rosse Parmigiano Reggiano.
We're sure some would laugh at us for spending twenty bucks for a lump of cheese and some pickles, but food's a priority for us. Many of these products are "slow foods" and all are created by small, artisan producers. We're happy to support these people when we can afford it.
We're putting our money where our priorities -- and our pleasure -- sit. We're wondering what ingredients you splurge on. Do you cut back on other costs to buy your favorites?