Yesterday I shared Chelsea's lovely kitchen, the charming little space in Portland where she does all her home cooking, prop styling, and floral arranging. Chelsea describes her self as a 'lazy cook' — hardly! She whip up the most delightful one-pot meals with only a few tools. Here are the tools she uses most often and what she makes with them.
Chelsea loves using her cast iron skillets and mini Le Creuset pots because she can bake a small meal involving an egg and vegetables in one, then eat out of it, too. It cuts the mess and dishes down, while offering cute plating at the same time!
Most mornings, Chelsea can be found making a wonderful baked egg brunch using one of these vessels (her sister taught her how a few years ago). A few recent concoctions include:
In the Le Creuset pot
- Eggs with garden onions, chanterelles, arugula, avocado and Secret Aardvark Sauce
- Eggs with cream, mushrooms, prosciutto, and arugula
- Eggs with onions, tomatoes, sage and creme fraiche
In the cast iron skillet
- Avocado toast with an egg. "I mashed the avocados with olive oil, Jacobsen salt and fresh pepper," she says.
- Tomatoes with mozzarella, garden lettuce, avocado, day-old bread grilled in olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper.
Thanks for sharing, Chelsea! Now we want a mini Le Creuset pot, too!
More posts in this series
Kitchen Tour: Chelsea Fuss of Frolic!
(Image credits: Leela Cyd)