It seems that some families are turning to other options. We prefer a good leg of lamb or even a couple roast chickens. Is the turkey an outmoded centerpiece of Thanksgiving? Or do you cherish it with the other Thanksgiving traditions?
And how are you cooking yours? Deep-fried? Grilled? Roasted? Thompson-style? Braised in pieces, a la Mark Bittman? Tell us!
(Personally, I think my Crock-Pot is going to involved this year. It's a Low-Key Thanksgiving. More on that next week.)
More on Thanksgiving and the turkey:
• Thanksgiving Dinner: Staying Traditional or Trying Something New?
• Holiday Baking: Turkey Pan from Williams-Sonoma
• Food Science: The Difference Between White Meat and Dark Meat
• Time to Tackle the Turkey
• Good Question: Basting Turkey with Brandy