Last week several of our editors were at the International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago. We cover this enormous trade show every year, mostly to see what's new and interesting and trending in the world of kitchen tools and accessories. It's a huge, overwhelming show, and it's often full of things that I don't find too attractive.
But this year, the color trends we saw were really good. If you're in the market for new spatulas, dishes, or cookware, and if you prefer bright and juicy modern colors, this is the year to pick them up.
The last couple of years have seen a move away from earth tones and primary colors (we saw a lot of pink at Housewares last year) but the colors have trended more towards neon (as in KitchenAid's green and pink mixer releases).
This year, the colors were bright and modern, and a little richer than neons, in tropical hues of salmon, pink, and orange. Over and over again I saw new kitchen accessories in colors that reminded me of what I've seen in Europe at trade shows — unabashedly colorful, and very bright.
- Biobu bamboo dish ware by Ekobo
- TrueSeal glass containers in new colors from Anchor Hocking
- Kinto drinkware
- Monbento bento boxes
- Cutting boards from Koziol
- Smart kitchen shelves from Sagaform
- Chef'n Sweet Spot ice cream maker
- Luxe Tea Kettle from La Cafetière
- Colorful travel mugs from Glasslock
- Great colors from Zeal Kitchen Innovations
- Lovely glass bakeware from Creo, a new brand from Full Circle Home