Cast iron, ceramic, and steel - we saw mini and personal-sized dishes and cookware in all of those materials at the Housewares show
. Mini cookware is popular and has been for a long time, of course. But we were impressed by how many companies' newest offerings were in wee sizes. Like the tiny spice skillet in our kitchen tour through Devesh and Tara's Spice Pantry
, small cookware can have some very practical uses, too; it's not just for cuteness.
Take a trip with us through some of our favorites, below. Staub, Le Creuset, All-Clad, and more...
• Above is a set of mini-cocottes from Staub. We already mentioned their new titanium finish (which we love) - but it looks like this grey is also big this year. Very pretty and delicate. We like the three little pots in their wooden holder. This set is used in some restaurants already.
• Here's a smallish cocotte, also from Staub
• Mini skillets in three sizes from Staub
• Le Creuset had this beautiful Dijon yellow color
and you can see the smaller soup ramekins and baking dishes scattered in.
• Along with Lodge's new green color
, they also had a line of smaller pans and skillets.
• These are also significantly lower cost than the Staub and Le Creuset versions.
• All-Clad had these small pots and pans.
• We've talked about butter warmers
before but we really like this All-Clad version.
• We mentioned the new colors
from Emile Henry but we also really liked these small pie dishes.
(All images: Faith Hopler)