It's not every day that we have the time to prepare a really delicious, over-the-top melty sandwich for lunch. Work gets in the way, family obligations get in the way, real life gets in the way. But for those moments when you have an extra 30 minutes, lunchtime magic can occur with some relatively basic sandwich ingredients.
Now I know what you're thinking: I don't have a panini press! Or maybe, if you're like me, you haven't dusted yours off in awhile. You really don't need any fancy equipment or appliances to tackle the recipes below. The real job of the panini press is to create those nice lines and to apply pressure to the top of the sandwich so it cooks evenly. While you won't get the grill lines, you can emulate the pressure by placing the lid of a heavy-duty pot on top of your sandwich as it cooks. So without further delay, here are some of our favorite grilled sandwiches to suit all preferences and proclivities, from vegetarians to meat-eaters alike.
10 Recipes To Try Right Now
• Grilled Cheese with Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms and Onions (pictured) - She Wears Many Hats (pictured)
• Peach, Bacon & Gouda Grilled Sliders on Pretzel Roll - How Sweet Eats
• Grilled Ham, Cheese, Pickle and Potato Chip Sandwich - Joy the Baker
• Turkey Broccoli Cheddar Panini - Shutterbean
• Prosciutto and Pesto Panini - Martha Stewart
• Grilled Ham & Gouda with Frisee and Caramelized Onions - Bon Appetit
• Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Closet Cooking
• Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese - Beantown Baker
• Brie, Grape and Avocado Grilled Sandwich - Kitchen Lab
• Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Williams Sonoma
Related: South African Cheese, Grilled Onion and Tomato Panini
(Image: She Wears Many Hats)