My personal favorite is macaroni and cheese made with a large amount of cheddar cheese and thickened with a beurre manie (which is definitely not as hard as it sounds). I’ve always been a little impatient, so I skip the oven and love it served straight from the pot while the cheese is still completely melty and oozy.
But I’m not really choosy. Let’s face it: pasta + cheese = delicious, no matter how you make it.
While you ponder your favorite method, here are a few recipes to explore:
• Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
• One-Bowl Microwave Macaroni and Cheese
• Brie-Style Mac and Cheese with Mushrooms
• Provencal Macaroni and Cheese
• Lighter Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
What’s your favorite?