We are always looking for smart tips that help us save time and be a little more efficient in the kitchen. This year we shared some great ideas for choosing the fastest lane at the supermarket, prepping and cooking a week's worth of vegetables in one afternoon, and freezing smoothies in muffin tins for healthy sipping in minutes — plus 12 more tips to make cooking healthy, tasty meals a little more convenient.
• 1 Time-Saving Tip: Freeze Smoothie Ingredients in Muffin Tins
• 2 Smart Tip: How To Core a Head of Iceberg Lettuce in 3 Seconds
• 3 Time-Saving Tip: Prep Juicer Ingredients
• 4 Cook a Week of Vegetables in One Afternoon
• 5 Cheap, Convenient & Better Than Canned: Freezer Beans
• 6 Smart Tip: Skip the Express Lane & Go For the Shortest Line at the Supermarket
• 7 Oops! 6 Time-Wasting Mistakes You're Making in the Kitchen
• 8 Quick & Easy Tip: Cut 15 Cherry Tomatoes in Half at Once!
• 9 Make a Quick, Flavorful Vegetable Stock in Just 10 Minutes
• 10 Smart Tip: Peel Fava Beans in Half the Time Using One Common Ingredient
• 11 4 Tips for Softening Butter, Fast!
• 12 Time-Saving, Money-Saving Tip: Create a Default Grocery List
• 13 Use a Heating Pad for a Quicker Bread Dough Rise
• 14 Smart Tip: For Quicker, Cleaner Cooking, Make a Lid for Your Grill Pan
• 15 Cinnamon Rolls in 20 Minutes: Parbake & Freeze Sweet Rolls Now
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)