If homemade ice cream tastes far superior to its store-bought cousin, there's no question that homemade ice cream sandwiches will reign supreme. Every time. Here are 5 recipes to inspire you to get going on your own homemade sandwiches. From sugar cookie concoctions to decadent peanut butter sandwiches, there's something for everyone here. Some of these recipes begin with pre-made cookies or ice cream while others walk you through actually making the cookie layers and creamy inside — this way, you can choose your level of difficulty or effort.
If you have leftover ice cream sandwiches, wrap each individually and store them in the freezer to pull out on a hot evening or an afternoon where a treat is warranted. If you're smart, you'll double the recipe on purpose so you're sure to have such leftovers. We're pretty sure that once you try a few of these recipes, store-bought frozen confections could just be a thing of the past.
Try a Recipe:
• Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich - Good Life Eats
• Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches - Joy the Baker
• Classic Ice Cream Sandwiches - Smitten Kitchen
• Chocolate Chip and Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches - Bon Appetit
• Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches - Cupcakes and Cashmere
Related: Quick Treat: How to Make a Perfect Ice Cream Sandwich
(Image: Jaime of Sophistimom for Good Life Eats)