Many of you have written us and asked us for edible gift ideas for this holiday season. Well, here we are: Forty gifts collected from The Kitchn's archives, both old and new. From pistachio brittle to cranberry cake, there are gifts well-suited to mailing, and from hot fudge to cherry vinegar there are gifts that anyone would be excited to find under the tree. There are spice mixes and roasted nuts for hostess gifts, and granola for last-minute presents. Read on for a feast of gifts — and take a minute to add any more ideas or inspiration to the comments, too!
40 Homemade Gifts from The Kitchn
Candy & Sweet Treats
• 6 Coconut Ganache Bourbon Balls
• 7 Caramel Lollipops
• 8 Skillet Toffee
• 9 Chocolate Toffee Matzo Candy
• 10 Candied Bacon Fudge
• 11 Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows
• 12 Cocoa Molasses Toffee
• 13 Salted Pistachio Brittle
• 14 Candy for Giving and Party Snacks: The Full Roundup - Even more candy!
Nuts, Granola, & Salty Snacks
• 15 Cashews Two Ways: Cocoa and Brown Butter Sage
• 16 Ina Garten's Chipotle & Rosemary Spiced Nuts
• 17 Roasted Almonds with Paprika and Orange
• 18 Chez Panisse Herbed Almonds
• 19 Peanut Butter and Honey Granola
• 20 Dangerously Addictive Olive Oil Granola
• 21 Baked, Spiced 'Corn Nuts'
Cocktail Mixers & Drinks
• 22 Boozy Cherries 2½ Ways
• 23 Melissa Clark’s DIY Maraschino Cherries
• 24 Quince Ratafia (directions for making liqueur with really any fruit)
• 25 Homemade Cocktail Mixers - Cranberry-clove, brown sugar-clementine, and recipes to go with.
Cookies & Other Baked Goodies
• 31 Chocolate-Dipped Peppermint and Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti
• 32 Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
• 33 Cardamom-Vanilla Shortbread with White Chocolate and Rose Petals
• 34 Cranberry Cake
• 35 How To Mail Homemade Bread
Check back here tomorrow for another roundup of packaging and decoration ideas for giving these gifts in style!
And now your turn — what are your favorite homemade and edible holiday gifts?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)