This time last year we were talking about President Obama's afternoon snack, Ina Garten's recommendations for the tools that every kitchen needs, homemade BBQ sauce, spring asparagus recipes, and inspiringly clean kitchens. There were suggestions for spill-proof lunchboxes, a recipe for baked doughnuts, and the best meals to cook over a campfire. Oh, and a hot pink cake, and gooey-chewy graham cracker bars. Read on for these posts and more from this week last year!Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• The President's afternoon snack. We especially like the crackers.
• Fascinating ingredients: Tupelo honey, vanilla powder, and edible nasturtiums.
• What every kitchen needs, according to Ina Garten. Also, a guide to cheap cuts of meat from the Times.
• The stages of edible growth in plants and the story of how chocolate is made.
• For the picnic table: Pork tenderloin and onion jam sandwiches, and homemade BBQ sauce.
• Kitchens that are inspiringly clean and neat, and Kyle's morels and ramps.
• Spill-proof lunchboxes, and a herb saver gadget.
• Lovely snacks: Baked doughnuts, honey and cream cheese "tarts", home-brewed kombucha, and chocolate chip and toffee shortbread cookies.
• Best meals for camping trips.
• Fun sweets: Gooey-chewy graham cracker bars and a recipe for a big hot pink cake.
• Wine retailing: Do the supermarkets do it well?
• What every pantry needs: The sweet stuff.
• More spring eating: Quick radish pickles, watercress and cabbage stir-fry, 10 fresh asparagus recipes, and .
• See the full archive of posts from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Ina Garten's Lemon Cake, Barley Tea, and Samoas Bars