It's that time of year again where we all pack into planes, trains, and automobiles to visit family and friends near and far. And if there's one thing we've learned: you can't rely on food in airports, train stations, and truck stops.
We sat down and compiled a list of some of our favorite snack food recipes perfect for holiday travel. Our criteria: easy to pack and carry around, not messy, and delicious, of course. From crackers to granola bars to healthy cookies, we looked for recipes that would also pack a little punch of protein to keep you going until the end of your journey. Safe travels to all!
• Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts - 101 Cookbooks
• Cheez-It-Ish Crackers - A Day That is Dessert
• Homemade Chex Mix - Dana Treat
• Sara's Granola Bars - Food 52
• Union Popcorn - Seven Spoons
• Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Amatuer Gourmet
• Beet Chips - Martha Stewart
• Coconut Date Bars - Whole Living
• Sesame Coins - Sweet Amandine
• Graham Crackers - Smitten Kitchen
(Images: Dana Treat, Martha Stewart, Smitten Kitchen)