Do you know the difference between extra firm and silken tofu? Have you ever made baked tofu (spoiler alert, it's amazing!), or super crispy tofu without deep-frying it? How about the best way to store leftover tofu?
We have the answer to those questions, and a lot more. From an explanation of what tofu is, to the different varieties, the ins and outs of buying it, storing it, cooking it, and just what to do with the leftovers, here's quite a lot of what you need to know about tofu.
The Essentials of Tofu
- What Is Tofu, Exactly? A Brief Introduction to the Basics of Tofu
- Ingredient Spotlight: Tofu
- See How It's Made! Tofu Tour: Hodo Soy Beanery in Oakland, California
- Hemp Tofu: An Alternative to Soy Tofu
What's the Difference Between Tofu Varieties?
Better Baked & Crispy Tofu
- How to Make Baked Tofu
- How to Make Crispy Tofu Without Deep-Frying
- For Crispy Tofu Without the Fat, Try Searing It!
- What's the Best Way to Make Tofu Crispy?