So we thought we'd turn to you for inspiration! Do you have any crafty ways to use those tender lettuce leaves in the kitchen?Here are a few tasty-looking recipes from around the web that we did find:
• Lettuce-Buttermilk Soup from Hobby Farms
• Braised Lettuce with Peas and Lemon from Recipezaar
• Zucchini and Braised Lettuce Tart with Tapenade from A Mingling of Tastes
• Pan-Asian Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Wraps from Epicurious
• Lettuce-Wrapped Fish from the Minimalist
Not that we have anything against salads and sandwiches! In fact, we're starting to wonder if those are simply the best way to highlight fresh summer lettuce. There's nothing we crave more on a humid July evening than BLT's and an ice-cold root beer, after all.
Still, one can never have too many alternatives! What are yours?
Related: Good Eats: Little Gems Lettuce
(Image: Emma Christensen for the Kitchn)