Ask any of the editors or writers here at The Kitchn about what makes the site so special and they'll tell you: it's our community of enthusiastic, knowledgeable cooks who read and comment every day. Whether you're a novice in the kitchen or an experienced home cook looking for some fresh ideas, our readers are always ready to offer tons of inspiring ideas and advice to make your cooking better, easier and a lot more fun.
This year our readers tackled questions about mastering perfectly tender pork chops, choosing the right salt, what to do with too much bacon, finding a go-to cupcake recipe, and more.
- 1 How Do I Cook Perfectly Tender Pork Chops?
- 2 What Are Some Delicious, Creative Recipes to Make with Chicken Thigh?
- 3 What Can I Make in a Rice Cooker Besides Rice?
- 4 So Tired of Pasta! What Recipes Can I Cook With Just Two Burners?
- 5 Best Food Blogs For Novice Cooks?
- 6 Healthy Vegetarian Recipes That Satisfy Even Die-Hard Meat Eaters?
- 7 What Are Your Favorite Recipes with Kale?
- 8 Help! What Can I Do With Too Much Bacon?
- 9 Should I Buy Iodized or Non-Iodized Salt?
- 10 What Are Your Favorite Flavor-Boosters for Savory Dishes?
- 11 What Are Some Great No-Prep, No-Fuss Slow Cooker Recipes?
- 12 Words of Advice for a New Vegetarian?
- 13 What Are Your Easiest, Most Fool-Proof Date Night Recipes?
- 14 Can You Recommend a Good Basic Cupcake Recipe?
- 15 What Are Some Good Tips for Cooking in a Tiny Kitchen?
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!