Q: My husband and I are almost settled into our new condo and we finally have room to entertain. We are having a Sunday brunch housewarming party. I'm pretty good in the kitchen, but I'm at a loss on balanced and seasonally appropriate offerings, especially ones that I can make or organize the day before.
We prefer to be a no-pork/shellfish household, but I'm willing to bend that if there's something amazing that I should serve. I'd also like to offer a special drink beyond lemonade.
Sent by Jessica
Editor: Jessica, there are lots and lots of great menus you could serve for a Sunday housewarming party, but I would probably suggest sticking with classic brunch dishes like egg casseroles and little rolls, which can be prepped the night before and can easily reflect seasonal ingredients and flavors. Here are recipe and tip suggestions and then we'll throw it out to the readers.
• Brunch Party Idea: Baked Apples with Granola and Yogurt
• Cute Make-Ahead Brunch Idea! Bite-Sized Granola Cups
• Brunch Party Tip: Serve Casserole Bites in Muffin Cups
• Breakfast Casseroles & Beyond: 15 Recipes for Brunch
• Recipe: Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole with Cheddar & Tomatoes
• Breakfast Mocktail: Orange and Elderflower Spritzer
Readers, what else would you suggest? Got any fun drinks for a morning brunch party?
(Image: Faith Durand)