Finally, it's that glorious time in summer for heirloom tomatoes to show up front and center at farmers' markets. I'll eat my first one like an apple, or as a meal in itself, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt. Heirloom tomatoes, with their rich flavors and colors, don't need much preparation. However, we have some great ideas to showcase their taste.
• Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad - The addition of creamy, fresh burrata cheese is the perfect accompaniment to a simple heirloom tomato salad.
• Heirloom Tomatoes with Oranges and Basil - Fresh and full of flavor, this citrus and tomato salad looks gorgeous!
• The Perfect Tomato Sandwich - This is the sandwich you've waited for all summer -- simple bread and cheese with a stellar juicy tomato.
• Uncooked Tomato Sauce - Feel like pasta but don't want to cook your precious heirlooms? Try this fresh uncooked tomato sauce -- the longer you can wait to eat it, the better it tastes!
• Peach, tomato and basil salad - Juicy, ripe peaches and tomatoes with a touch of basil make up the perfect summer salad.