Think healthy Halloween is an oxymoron? For those who can't indulge in the high-sugar treats of the season (and some of us who are just trying our best to steer clear!), here are six must-try alternatives.• 1. Savory Stuffed Pumpkin It wouldn't be Halloween without a pumpkin on display; why not make it the literal centerpiece of your meal as well?
• 2. Black Rice Pudding Looking for a spooky alternative to chocolate and candy for dessert? Try this creamy black rice pudding from epicurious.
• 3. Roasted Almonds with Paprika and Orange These addictive spiced almonds are flecked with the color of the season and safe to snack on all night!
• 4. Mango Yogurt Smoothie Skip the milkshakes and whip up these bright orange smoothies.
• 5. Spicy Squash Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese This colorful entree from Smitten Kitchen looks festive and is even better for you.
• 6. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Don't forget one of the only Halloween staples that isn't loaded with sugar -- classic roasted pumpkin seeds. Also try brining them first!
What are your favorite tricks for healthy Halloween treats?
Related: Favorite Orange Recipes For Halloween
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits, Smitten Kitchen, Romulo Yanes/Gourmet, Flickr user miriam_kato licensed for use under Creative Commons)