Green tea and pomegranates
may need to make more room in the Superfood Clubhouse.
Have you seen the health headlines over the past couple of days?
Scientists are reporting that:
• Dried cherries may help travelers fight jet lag
• Chocolate appears to reduce blood pressure
• Milk may help smokers break their cigarette habit
Of course all of these studies are soaking in "mays" and "mights" but the headlines still have us hungry for some Chewy Cherry Chunk Cookies and cold milk.
Any suggestions of other recipes that use a couple of these miracle foods of the moment? How about a salad of jet-lag fighting dried cherries, stilton and crisp greens be great to offer guests as they come off a long haul flight.
• Chow's The Grinder: Another food science round-up including a bit about American beef and pregnancy.
• ChooseCherries.com: The Cherry Marketing Institute site includes cherry-centric recipes and more information about the cherry as Lunesta.