I love fresh herbs, but sometimes it feels like a race against the clock to use them before they go bad.
If your CSA box is overflowing with basil and mint, or you have a lot of leftover herbs from last night's dinner — you know, the recipe you bought a big bunch of cilantro for and only required a couple tablespoons — you probably know what I'm talking about.
Consider blending fresh herbs into your next smoothie! It will brighten up your drink and add a nice refreshing, herbaceous flavor. Some herbs will definitely work better than others, and some won't really fit the bill at all. Your best choices are cilantro, mint, basil and parsley.
There are so many ways to get creative with different fruit and herb smoothie combinations!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Recipe: Tropical Cilantro Smoothie
- Recipe: Dairy-Free Raspberry Mango Mint Smoothie
- Recipe: Strawberry-Basil Smoothie - Wit & Delight
- Recipe: Pineapple-Basil Smoothie - The New York Times
- Recipe: Avocado Green Smoothie with Frozen Bananas and Parsley - Wishful Chef
Have you ever added fresh herbs to your smoothie?