For anyone who's ever cradled a cake in their lap on a three-hour road trip or struggled to pack a dozen cupcakes without smearing the frosting, these handy carriers are for you.
Most impressive to me are the tiered containers for carrying cupcakes. The cupcakes fit into individual wells and then a stiff hood snaps over top to keep those precious treats safe.
And while I will always have a soft spot for nostalgic pie hampers like this one, I have to admit that this pie carrier from Pyrex would make me feel a lot safer when transporting my pie to a summer cookout.
These carriers are all super sturdy and ready to be tucked into the back seat for a long trip. How did our mothers get by before?
• Progressive International 9x13 Cake Carrier, $25 from Amazon.com
• Cupcake Courier, $40 from Williams-Sonoma
• Pyrex Portable Pie Plate, $15 from Macys
• Wilton Cake Caddy, $15 from Target
• Progressive Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier, $30 from Sur la Table
Do you use a special carrier for your baked goods?
(Images: Amazon and Williams-Sonoma)