Pasta, grain salads, and roasted veggies below - plus a select few local cheese producers who might be near where you live. Local artisan products like this feta can often be expensive, but we feel like these small luxuries are worth it. We've crumbled this cheese into four or five dishes this week, and it's raised the quality of each. Just a little goes a long way.
Feta Cheese: Four Recipes
• Recipe: Watermelon, Rosemary, and Feta Sala
• Recipe: Warm Wheat Salad (Or, Reverse Tabbouleh)
• Dinner Quick: Pasta with Feta, Broccoli, and Sausage
• Recipe: Roasted Fall Vegetables with Feta Cheese
A Few Cheese Producers (Near You, Perhaps?)
• Grassfields Cheese, Coopersville, Michigan
• Northern Prairie Chevre, Woodward, Iowa
• Valley View Farm Cheese, Topsfield, Massachusetts
• Central Coast Creamery, Modesto, California
• Foote's Hold Dairy, Dudleyville, Arizona
There are at least 130 local cheese producers and farms in the Local Harvest database. Take a look!
Any more local treasures you've picked up lately?