The weather took a turn today and we are looking out at a blizzard of yellow leaves and a cold grey sky. This is welcome, after unseasonable heat, and we're suddenly craving soup. Soup is a great use for many harvest vegetables this time of year. Pumpkins, squash, root vegetables like potatoes and onions - they all are lightened and made fresher and creamier in soup.
What kind of soup are you craving, or is there something else the fall weather is just begging you to cook?
From our archives, here are some soups that call for harvest and autumn root vegetables.
• Spiced Celery Root Soup with Bacon and Honey
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
• Quick Onion Soup
• Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
More Resources for Homemade Soup
• D.I.Y. Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
• Good Tip: Stock in the Slow Cooker
• D.I.Y. Vegetable Stock