Happy 4th of July
to all of our American readers! We hope that you are enjoying the day off, relaxing with friends and family and eating some darn good food. It sounds like many of you have delicious plans
, with everything from seasonal peaches to Jell-O shots to fried chicken.
We just stuck an extra-big batch of strawberry ice cream in the freezer to harden. We'll meet up with friends later and grill burgers and chicken, eat baked beans, chocolate chip cookies, and potato and macaroni salads.
Here's a few recipe tips from the archives, just in case you need a last minute side dish to round out your meal... • Modern Ambrosia
• Sauteed Zucchini and Squash with Thyme and Feta
• Mixed New Potato Salad with Sweet Basil and Shallots
• Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
• Lemon and Honey Fruit Salad
• Herbed Corn
• Apricot and Biscuit Crostata