Oil and dairy are traditionally a big part of Hanukkah food, and below are five of our favorites.
1. Potato Latkes - Potato pancakes - fried in plenty of oil. Who doesn't love them? Here are Potato Latkes With Smoked Salmon, Caviar, And Tarragon Creme Fraiche from Bon Appetit, and if you want more options, here is a MASSIVE collection of latke recipes.
2. Kugel - Also made with potatoes, kugel is a very traditional Old-World food. Here's a recipe from Williams-Sonoma's Hanukkah menu.
3. Doughnuts - Sufganiyot, or fried and jelly-filled doughnuts, are everywhere at Hanukkah. We will take any excuse to eat doughnuts. Here's a recipe for traditional jelly doughnuts and another for Cinnamon Doughnuts with Raspberry Jam. Also check out those chocolate ones from last week.
4. Hanukkah Dreidel Cookies - These cookies are sweet, cute, and full of rich dairy.
5. Chocolate Coins - These are a very traditional treat for children. You can order them here.
What are your favorite Hanukkah foods and traditions? Are you planning a special meal for tonight?