Grilling is synonymous with evening meals or weekend cookouts, but mornings shouldn't be completely left out this summer. Breaking out the grill for breakfast can result in toasty breads, breakfast pizzas boasting runny eggs, and homemade sausage.
Truthfully, these recipes are more of a weekend endeavor than something I'd do routinely on a weekday, but I love the idea of lingering over the barbecue on a quiet weekend morning with nowhere immediate to go and no looming to-do list. A sit-down breakfast, if it happens at all, on a busy weekday morning can be so harried and thrown together, but taking the meal outdoors where the grill determines the speed and the pace of the meal is a welcome change.
Try a Recipe:
• Breakfast Pepper Baked Eggs - My North
• Grilled Breakfast Pizza - How Sweet It Is
• Grilling Breakfast Sausage - Serious Eats
• Grilled Bread with Thyme Pesto and Preserved Lemon Cream - Food 52
• Grilled Bread with Peaches, Ricotta and Balsamic - The Sacramento Bee
Related: Breakfast Recipe: Broiled Grapefruit with Cinnamon Sugar
(Image: How Sweet It Is)