• Bon Ami Powder Cleanser: Made from feldspar, limestone, baking soda, and biodegradable cleaning agents, this non-scratching powder can be used to clean counters, sinks, and appliances. It's free of bleach, perfumes, and dyes, and the packaging is made from recycled paper. (Check out Sarah Rae's recent post on Re-Nest about Bon Ami's new packaging and products.)
• Citrasolv Natural Cleaner & Degreaser: We like the concentrated version of this product, which can be used full-strength to scrub tough stains and oven crud, or diluted and used as an all-purpose cleaner. It's derived from biodegradable orange peels, citrus oil, and coconut.
• Ecover Glass and Surface Cleaner: Made from biodegradable, plant-based ingredients, this all-purpose cleanser effectively shines and cuts grease from counter tops, tiles, enamel, and chrome. We also really appreciate how committed the company is to sustainability throughout its operations.
• Method: We've always had great experiences with Method products, including their Multi-Surface Cleaner and Pro Chef Kitchen Cleaners. (We have yet to try their Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner.) The non-toxic colors and fragrances, like cucumber, pink grapefruit, and lavender, are some of the loveliest we've ever encountered in commercial cleaning products.
• Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Countertop Spray: This all-purpose cleaner and degreaser contains a vegetable protein extract to remove odors, and it comes in basil, lavender, lemon verbena, geranium scents. (Read about Re-Nest's visit to the Mrs. Meyer's headquarters here.)
• Seventh Generation Multi-Surface Cleaner: The first natural disinfectant approved by the EPA, this cleanser includes Thymol, a component of thyme oil. It smells a bit strong, but it kills over 99.99% of household germs on hard, non-porous surfaces, specifically Inﬂuenza A, H1N1, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella enterica, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
Do you have experience with any of these products or have others to recommend?
Related: Cool Green Cleaning Products