Allen demonstrates how to soften the rice wrappers (which, by the way, are really inexpensive; this can be a very frugal meal too!) and gives his own recipe for peanut sauce. Add in shredded vegetables and perhaps a little meat and roll everything up together. It's a fabulous summer meal, and one that we are planning on trying soon. We definitely want to try Allen's peanut sauce recipe!
• Get the recipe: Healthy spring rolls with peanut sauce
Do you have favorite fillings for spring rolls? We usually look to the garden — fresh mint, cilantro, and spicy basil give them a zing.
More fresh Vietnamese recipes for summer:
• Bún Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Noodle Salad)
• Che Dau Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans)
• Goi Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Salad)
• Spring Herbs: Using Fresh Mint
(Image: Allen of Eating Out Loud)