We were pondering this as we grated zest off three lemons the other day, nicking our fingers on our Microplane in the process. We felt there must be a better way to zest a lemon, and wondered what your tricks and tools are? Do you use a Microplane? A box grater? A hand zester? Do you have any special tips for getting that precious zest quickly and painlessly?
• Recipe for Passover: Mile High Lemon Meringue Cake
• Recipe: DIY Candied Lemon Peel
• Recipe: Lemon Rice Pudding
• Lemon Tip: Squeeze and Freeze
• Good Product: OXO's Good Grips Zester
• Lemon Sesame Muffins
(Image credit: Dallas Morning News)