Here's a question for all you bakers: how do you grate your lemons? This can be a very time-consuming task when you want a lemon cake or lemon cookies or lemon icing - all the holiday baking often demands a lot of lemon zest.
We were pondering this as we grated zest off three lemons the other day, nicking our fingers on our Microplane in the process. We felt there must be a better way to zest a lemon, and wondered what your tricks and tools are? Do you use a Microplane? A box grater? A hand zester? Do you have any special tips for getting that precious zest quickly and painlessly?
• Recipe for Passover: Mile High Lemon Meringue Cake
• Recipe: DIY Candied Lemon Peel
• Recipe: Lemon Rice Pudding
• Lemon Tip: Squeeze and Freeze
• Good Product: OXO's Good Grips Zester
• Lemon Sesame Muffins
(Image credit: Dallas Morning News)