stocking a new kitchen list. These are things that someone who barely cooks will find useful, and thus will be encouraged to use his or her kitchen more.
drug appliance. If they start making toast, maybe one day they'll make their own bread.
Graduation Gift Ideas for Beginning Cooks and Non-Cooks• A blender Yes, it will probably be used for making smoothies and frozen cocktails at first. But include a few recipes for basic pureed soups and sauces, and they might just start experimenting.
• Buy Joy of Cooking, $23.10 at Amazon
• Another great option for a new grad: How To Cook Everything, by Mark Bittman, The Minimalist. $14.93 at Amazon.
Graduation Gift Ideas for More Experienced CooksAnd for those graduates with more kitchen skills, who are thrilled to have their own kitchens, here are a few additional ideas: • A stand mixer Even people who don't cook that much have learned to idolize the colorful KitchenAid stand mixer.
• Coming Soon: 90th Anniversary KitchenAid Stand Mixer• A Microplane We can't imagine our kitchen without one or two. And, since most post-college kitchens are small, they take up less space than a box grater.
• Survey: What Kind of Stand Mixer Do You Have?
• Dessert Inspiration: Porcelain Forest Branch BowlWhat would you give to a new graduate? Related Gift Guides
• French Table Treasures from The Blissful
• New Tabletop from CB2
• Gifts for Good CausesImages: All from Amazon.com: KitchenAid Mixer, Magnetic Spice Rack, Toaster/Convection Oven, Joy of Cooking
• Best Last Minute Online Gifts for Cooks
• Gifts of Kitchen Love and Service
• Post-Holiday Gift Guide: Vintage Serving Dishes