I've never met a cannoli that I didn't like. Or a panna cotta. Or a scoop of gelato. Let's just say that it would take a stronger person than myself to resist the lure of a fine Italian cake or pastry. Grace Massa Langlois is a lady after my own heart, and her dedication to all things sweet and good have led to this delightful cookbook of classic Italian desserts.
• Who wrote it: Grace Massa Langlois
• Who published it: Ulysses Press
• Number of recipes: Over 100, covering full recipes as well as recipes for sauces, pastry doughs, and creams
• Recipes for right now: Orange Cake, Abruzzo Sweet Cheesecake, Cannoli Cupcakes, Soft Amaretti Cookies, Italian Honey Balls, Panna Cotta with Raspberry Jelly, Lemon Sorbet
• Other highlights: I love the breadth of desserts covered in this book. There's everything from classic tortes suitable for a wedding shower to small sweet bites we can bring to a picnic or potluck party.
I also really appreciate how Grace doesn't dumb anything down or skimp on the steps, all while making these potentially tricky desserts feel completely approachable. Be prepared to get out your piping bag and practice your pastry skills!
• Who would enjoy this book? Anyone who loves making classic cakes and pastries
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Grace's Sweet Life by Grace Massa Langlois
• Visit the author's website: La Mia Vita Dolce
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)