Comfort food means different things to different people, but I think we can all agree that mac and cheese is definitely up there on the list of the most satisfying, comforting foods around. Just looking at a bowl full of noodles swimming in a pool of creamy, melted cheese makes me feel warm and happy on the inside.
Whether you like to load your mac and cheese with bacon, amp it up with lobster, have a thing for truffles, or you're all about the cheese, we've got you covered! We're sharing 10 of the most decadent and mouthwatering macaroni and cheese recipes we can find.
But first, the essentials. Make sure you know how to start from scratch then go from there.
Meaty Mac & Cheese
- Skillet Brussels Bacon Mac & Cheese - How Sweet It Is
- Pepperjack Bacon Mac & Cheese - Creme de la Crumb
- Lobster Mac with Cheddar & Gruyère - Sweet Paul Magazine
- Crawfish Mac & Cheese - She Knows
Extra Cheese, Please
- Creamy Macaroni & Cheese on the Stovetop
- Tortellini Mac & Cheese - Top With Cinnamon
- Five Cheese Skillet Mac & Cheese - Love and Olive Oil
- Beer Mac & Cheese - How Sweet It Is
- Truffled Macaroni and Cheese - Butter and Brioche
- Greek Macaroni & Cheese with Roast Garlic & Caramelized Leeks - Adventures in Cooking
And, as an added bonus for those times you want something a little less over the top, try one of our own lighter versions of mac and cheese.
Visit the Lighter Side
- Lighter Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Spinach & Red Peppers
- Big-Hearted Macaroni & Cheese with Artichokes
What's the most indulgent mac & cheese you've ever made?