With this in mind, here are some of the ideas she gave a caller with a surplus of green tomatoes:
• 1. Green Tomato Salad - Raw green tomatoes add a great crunchy texture to late-summer salads.
• 2. Green Tomato Chutney or Salsa - Toss those green tomatoes with onions, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, and vinegar for a basic pickled chutney.
• 3. Green Tomato and Yogurt Soup - With cucumbers and garlic, this is an excellent version of the Middle Eastern and Eastern European classic.
• 4. Green Tomato Curry - Make a basic curry with a coconut milk base and then add the green tomatoes at the very last second.
• 5. Pasta with Green Tomatoes and Ricotta - This would be good hot or cold!
What are your favorite ways for using up green tomatoes?