We've been making the same basic lasagna - Mom's recipe!
- for years. We love this comfort food without reserve, but it's also nice to mix things up now and again. These five lasagna recipes are tantalizing us with descriptions of gooey cheeses, interesting spices, and hearty flavors. Which one should we try this weekend?1. Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna from Martha Stewart
- Roasted butternut squash and woodsy sage is one of our favorite fall flavor combinations
. The idea of putting them together in a lasagna is irresistible!
2. Smoked Cheese and Sausage Lasagna from Epicurious - Sausage makes an interesting alternative to ground beef, plus we're suckers for anything with smoky flavors.
3. Eggplant and Pine Nut Lasagna from Vegan Yum Yum - This recipe uses a toasted pine-nut spread in place of the ricotta cheese to make a vegan lasagna alternative.
4. Porcini and Prosciutto Lasagna from Food & Wine - How can you go wrong with decadent porcini mushrooms, salty-sweet prosciutto, and a touch of rosemary?!
5. Mexican Poblano, Spinach, and Black Bean Lasagne with Goat Cheese from Epicurious The combination of all these southwestern flavors with creamy goat cheese makes our mouths water. This recipe also uses tortillas instead of noodles!
Ok, we're completely torn. Which one should we make first?
Related: Weekend Project: Make Pasta!
(Image: Lolo/Vegan Yum Yum)