Yes, it was precisely a year ago that we received the sad news that Gourmet was closing its doors. To cheer us up, we turned to apple streusel pancake bars, colorful tea kettles, and a cocktail called the Bittercup.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Fall is the perfect time to cooking with whole grains. Here are five ways to eat quinoa.
• Get inspired by these sunny and modern California kitchens.
• Whatever sorrows you may have, the bittercup cocktail will make it better.
• A folding dish rack perfect for small kitchens.
• RIP Gourmet. We still miss you.
• Check out these leaf-shaped crisps! Perfect for garnishing a bowl of soup or fall salad.
• Cheery and colorful tea kettles for every kitchen.
• No grill? No problem. Here's how to make finger-licking ribs in the oven.
• Add some color to your kitchen with fabric bunting!
• Yum! Malted milk hot chocolate from Alton Brown.
• Thinking of a kitchen re-design? Here's how to make it timeless.
• These apple streusel bars make the perfect breakfast on the go.
• If you had it to do over, which kitchen items would you put in your wedding registry? Or not?
• A big slice of this shepherd's pie is just what we need this chilly autumn weekend.
• This home kitchen was inspired by a very cool San Francisco restaurant.
A Year Ago and a Week: Winning Quick Meals and Making Candied Salted Bacon