Do you have any tips on how to make the most of our kitchen to do some of the catering ourselves, and have a professional do the rest of it? Or would I be better off just having food delivered and hiring my own servers?
Sent by Jennie
Editor: Jennie, it's hard for us to say exactly what you should do, although if you want to really enjoy your own party, we do suggest buying at least some of the food! Here are some past posts on self-catering from the site:
• Catering Your Own Wedding: A Step-by-Step Guide
• Party Desserts for a Crowd
• Cooking for a Crowd: How To Cook a Stress-Free Feast
• Help! I Need To Feed 70 People. What Should I Cook?
• Good Question: Wedding Finger-Foods on a Budget
• Good Question: Elegant Wedding Finger Foods?
Readers, any thoughts and advice for Jennie?
(Image: Andrea Newberry of Forkable, used with permission)