Q: I want to make peach pie from fresh peaches, and recipes call for them pitted and peeled.
What's the best way to pit a peach? Then, what's the best way to peel a peach? How can you tell when a peach is ripe enough to make into pie? Have you any other peach pie tips?
Sent by M
Editor: M, here are some peach resources from the archives, and then I'll turn it over to the readers so they can add their sage advice.
• How To Select the Best Produce: Fruit
• Farmer's Market Etiquette: How to Choose Ripe Fruit
• One More Way to Pit a Peach: The Pit Popper
• Quick Tip: How to Get a Stubborn Pit Out of Stone Fruit
• Naked Peaches! How to Boil and Peel Them in a Flash
(Image: Emma Christensen)