We are remodeling our kitchen and have been without a stove and sink for three weeks! I was wondering if you have ever done a feature about what the heck to cook while you're remodeling? We have done a lot of take out, but besides being expensive, I miss cooking.Julie says that the photos above are: 1) The porch that's now my kitchen and 2) The place where my stove once stood.
Here are the things that Julie DOES still have access to in her kitchen:
• Toaster oven
• Electric kettle
• Slow cooker
• Outdoor grill.
No stove and no microwave. They will have the stove again soon, though, but they will still have very limited prep space as the kitchen renovation continues.
Here are a few posts that might be helpful to peruse, including a camping post, since you are essentially camped out at home! Then we'll let the readers jump in — we imagine that some of you have had extensive experience with this dilemma. Can you help Julie at all?
• Fall Weekend Cooking: Break Out the Slow-Cooker!
• Good Question: What Can I Bake Without An Oven?
• Could You Live Without an Oven?
• Good Question: Good Countertop Oven
• Quick Breakfast: No-Cook Overnight Oatmeal
• Heat Wave Eating: No-Cook Tomato Sauce
• Good Question: Best Meals to Cook On Camping Trips?
(Images: Julie via email)