Moldy raspberries! How distressing! That's Katie's problem. Can you help her?
The past few times I've bought rasberries at the store, I've gotten them home to find them moldy on the inside of the fruit. It's usually not much, but enough to make me not want to eat them. Is this a common problem? How do I make sure that my raspberries won't be moldy if I can't see the inside when I'm purchasing? Or is this something I should just accept and eat anyway because it might not kill me, and I should think of more like cheese?
Katie, we definitely would not eat super-moldy raspberries; it gives them a really unpleasant flavor. (Wet dog, sort of?) But as for avoiding it, all we can advise is to open the package and check really carefully. It's hard to find good berries in the grocery store, too; perhaps there is a local source or farm close by where you can pick your own?
Readers, do you have any other advice for Katie on how to avoid moldy raspberries?