Here's a great question from reader Stet, who writes:
Do you have a source for modern and clean recipe card templates? I'm ready to start capturing recipes that I love on cards, but I don't want a country chicken theme in my recipe box. Any suggestions?
Stet, here are a few free recipe card templates we found around the web. (Click through the gallery above to see them all.) All are free of chickens and country kitchen themes, but most still tend towards bright and flowery.
• Retro Fleur template at Free Printables Online.
• Floral Pop Cards at the Messy Vegetarian Cook. Bright and poppy.
• Three simple cards at Martha Stewart.
• Two great modern templates at Creature Comforts.
There are still precious few card templates that we like, though, and we wonder why the market for clean, modern recipe cards hasn't been cornered yet? Maybe you should design your own? Here's a post we did on designing our own recipe cards:
• Customized Recipe Cards
And if you give up on the templates and just decide to buy cards, here are a few sets we really like:
• Modern Recipe Card Set - Baker's Dozen (pictured above), $8 at Cicada Studio.
• Modern Green Recipe Cards at Pear & Peony for $12.50.
• Letterpressed Chocolate Pear recipe cards, $20 for 10 at Dingbat Press.
If you're also in the market for a recipe box, we also suggest just buying this box and the included cards:
• Recipe Box from The Regional Assembly of Text
Readers? Any tips on better modern recipe cards?