We know many of you will take issue with using a disposable sponge instead of a washable dishcloth. But a sponge simply does a better job for us. (As penance, we've gone paper towel-less in our kitchen, and we'll tell you about that later in the week.)
We like these sponges because...
• It took us more than a year to use up our last supply (a bag of 12).
• They go through the dishwasher beautifully, if you want to clean them.
• Even after they get a bit stained and smelly, they are still firm and spongy. So before we toss them, we use them to clean our kitchen floor once or twice.
• They lather up well; we feel we use less dish soap when washing up.
• Our current, cheap sponge is leaving nuggets of itself on all of our dishes; these never do that.
• The flat packaging and pop-up feature is pretty cool.
We only have experience with the Wiliams-Sonoma version of these sponges, but we know that Crate & Barrel and Caldrea also make them.
• Pop-Up Sponges, $15 for 12 at Williams-Sonoma
Related: Tip: Use a Loofah to Wash Dishes